Saturday 2 January 2021

Joyful January #2 On Being Silly

 On Being Silly 

Here is a little clip I made during lockdown when I would read and sing daily to my class online... 
this was a pirate themed day! It was fun to dress up, I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did!  :) 

“Never underestimate the healing power of silliness and absurdity.”
― Steve Maraboli

For Day #2 of Joyful January the challenge was to be silly. Who thinks silly is a bad thing? Lots of people apparently, some think it is immature and non-sensical which might be true. A little silliness is also good for us. 

Being silly can reduce stress and help increase our resilience. It can help cement relationships. A sense of playfulness can help us find our joy even in times of adversity. 

It makes sense that we stretch our silly muscles regularly, just to keep them in shape for when we need them! 

With this in mind today I embraced a little bit of silliness: 
- I jumped in the puddles outside while I took one of our dogs out to go to the toilet 
- I read about animals that fart to my family and ran a wee bit of a quiz (please note link has some bad language... I edited it out as I read it) 
- I let out my inner Neanderthal and had a playfight with our 10 year old 

None of this was hard, it was just goofiness, some for me personally and some for my family. I hope that today you had a chance to let your silliness out... and I hope that you get to play every day in some way, it's good food for the soul :) 


Click here for a link to the Joyful January Calendar

The Joyful January project is part of the Happy Healthy Teachers Matter Online Summit. This is an opportunity to start your year with tips, tools and techniques to ensure you have the health, energy and vitality to beat the end of term slump and fatigue, and be the best version of yourself all year long. For more information please follow this linkhttps://www.spectrumeducation.com/happy-healthy-teachers-matter-online-summit-home/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment