Wednesday 20 January 2021

Joyful January Day #21: A Few Of My Favourite Things

 A Few Of My Favourite Things 

A collection of favourite things I have around my desk at home, all of these things have a story and meaning attached to them... I'll share some in this post. 

Take photos of things you love and display the photo 

I am away from home at the moment and a collection of photos is great to ease the home-sickness, so my photo is displayed on my phone that I have with me. They remind me of the things I value, engage positive memories and help me feel centred. The meaning we attach to these items and images don't have to make sense to anyone else, they are just for us. I know Marie Kondo might suggest I get rid of some of them but for now they bring me joy and that is their purpose so they can stay, that being said this exercise has helped me with how to approach decluttering another space and I can already see what no longer sings for me :)

Here are my five special things for today: 


The white feathers, the pink bike and the card with buttons- my connection to my dad, the nickname he gave me was Buttons, whenever I see white feathers I think of him and the pink bike reminds me of the bikes he would paint on any wall before he would paint it 


The photos of my boy with myself and his dad- he'd actually just 
come out of hospital with pneumonia the day before the photos were taken, it reminds me of the love and joy we share even when things are tough 


The wings quote, the lion and the plate- remind me of our marriage, we were married at Larnach's Castle where we got the plate, the lion is a sketch of the lions that stand at the front of the castle. The quote says "we are each of us angels with only one wing and we can only fly by embracing one another" and this also reminds me of my supportive friendships 


The little bear- this was a gift I was given when I graduated with my M.Ed., it had been a real struggle to get to the end of this study and there were many times I wanted to give up but the encouragement of others and my own determination got me across the line... this reminds me that I can do hard things 



The wee candle in the tin and the star- the candle was a gift from one of my students a very long time ago and it says "Teachers keep the bright promises of tomorrow" and, together with my sparkly star, reminds me that my job in life is to share the light with those I am lucky enough to work with and help each of them sparkle 



What are a few of your favourite things? I hope you get some time to reflect on them and the meaning they hold for you. 



This Joyful January project is part of the Happy Healthy Teachers Matter Online Summit: Restore your health, boost your wellbeing and embark on a happy healthy lifestyle for 2021

That is exactly what the Happy Healthy Teachers Matter Online Summit is all about. YOU having the knowledge, skills, support and most importantly the WHY to make your health, energy and vitality a priority for 2021 and beyond.

22nd - 24th Jan with 17+ heart centred wellness experts and a 3 hour vision board online workshop (recordings available) Find out all the details here
: please follow this linkhttps://www.spectrumeducation.com/happy-healthy-teachers-matter-online-summit-home/ 









No comments:

Post a Comment